Contourfive is a numerical control machining center with five interpolated axes for machining pieces made from marble, granite, sandstone, limestone, compound stone, and stone in general.
Thanks to its vertical travel of 700/1200 mm, Contourfive is the ideal machine for architectural and funerary art as well as for those processing which require a deep dishing out. It offers the user the possibility of performing different and complex machining operations which would otherwise require several machines:
- Shaping by utilizing the saw blade to get large pieces with complex shape.
- Shaping and dishing out utilizing millers.
- Contouring by utilizing shaping tools.
- Sawing by utilizing the saw blade.
- With the optional lathe, the turning of columns with shaped profiles or machining of columns to create a twisted effect all along the surface.
CONTOURFIVE STANDS OUT FOR PERFORMANCE
- Short Beam ensuring maximum rigidity.
- “Rapid” displacements of up to 40 meters per minute.
- Powerful high frequency spindle of 20 kW.
- C-axis rotation: ±200°
- A-axis rotation: from 0° to 115°
- X-axis travel: 3.700 mm
- Y-axis travel: 2.800 mm
- Z-axis travel 700/1200 mm
- Possibility of using various saw blades, shaped tools, drills, millers, etc.
- Automatic tool store with 27 positions + the optional position for the saw blade.
CONTOURFIVE STANDS OUT FOR ITS STRUCTURAL FEATURES
- High speed 16 kW electro-spindle featuring a rotation speed of up to 14.500 rpm, it is provided with thermal stability and long-life grease lubrication of the bearings. The tool coolant flows inside the spindle.
- Bi-rotary head for interpolated 5-axis machining. The head has a symmetrical structure and consists of two main structural elements, the C-axis is fitted for ±200° rotation around its own vertical axis. The second element, the A-axis rotates from 0° to +115° and houses the high frequency spindle. Rotation transmission are provided by brushless type motors.
- Iron casting spindle holding carriage running on roller slides, X-axis, and actuated by a precision pinion-and-rack system, which is motorized by a digital brushless motor. The spindle holding steel ram lead nut/digital brushless motor system. The position monitoring is performed by the motor encoder.
- Steel worktable secured to the ground, with an aluminum top with recesses for mounting fixtures to secure the work piece in place, with a vacuum plant and manifold.
- Beam with movement along the shoulders, Y-axis on ground guides is through a pinion-and-rack system and precision reducers with backlash adjustment, driven by digital brushless motor.
- Mobile 27 cell carousel tool store for tool holders to automatically change tools other than the saw blade.
- Frontal protection barrier consisting of a series of sliding doors with manual openings. The doors are made from the structure and are provided with wide inspection ports.
- Siemens Sinumerik 840D SL the latest digitally controlled computer numerical control system with PC architecture and a unit utilizing Windows as an operating system. Comes with Windows user friendly interface and fully developed software for work program management.
- Control console mounted on a mobile pendant structure and equipped with a 15-inch touch screen color monitor, a joystick to easily move the motorized working axes movement and a USB port for data transfer.
- Portable mini console wired to the main control console to duplicate the major controls; axes management + handwheel, emergency shutdown, etc. This portable mini console allows the operator to be close to the piece to be machined, allowing the control of delicate machining operations.
- Electrics and utilities are housed in two cabinets with IP54 grade of protection and cooled by an air conditioning unit specially designed for a maximum external temperature of +45°C.
- Optional store for saw blade with a maximum diameter of 500 mm and secured to the side shoulders.
- Optional lathe for producing columns and twisted effect details with workable sizes: ø 960 x 3.200 mm.
Contact us! Please fill the following form, and we will get back to you shortly.